Wednesday, February 20, 2008

manners

after a long day i leave the office well after 5:00 and somehow manage to motivate and make it to the gym. sure it sounds cliche, but for me the gym is my happy place, over the last few years i've gotten really into my time there and go about four days a week with the fifth day of the week/weekends, at my other gym doing mma (kickboxing/jujitsu) today i was at my normal day to day gym where i just look to get on a treadmill and stare out into the bay for 40 minutes. my gym is not equinox by far but it is a crunch which it's better than your average 24 hour fitness or ymca, plus it's just downstairs from gap headquarters so the clientele is mainly very fit blonde women and very fit gay men. all in all it makes for a nice workout environment... except today.

today i'm on the treadmill (no ipod because i forgot my headphones) and behind me on the stairmaster is some 'i-used-to-be' and by that i mean 'i used to be on my high school/college football team...' first of all he's wearing a baseball cap indoors at the gym and one of those faux practice jerseys that makes it look like you are, or once were, on a major sports team... however, he obviously is not because he is not in the shape of someone who has played a sport regularly in ages. still, it takes all kinds and none of these are my issue.

my issue is that he is on the stairmaster blowing snot rockets. if you're not familiar, or were never a 13 year old boy, a snot rocket is where you take one finger and cover a nostril and use the collective force to shoot the remaining congestion out of the other nostril. gross enough when some farm boy does it out in a field but in the closed environment of my gym, my happy place, it disgusting to the nth degree... what are people thinking?

for the rest of my evening i was tempted to rat him out to the staff but refrained and stayed within the confines of my workout... however, i did avoid any machine he may have put his snotty hands on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment